[bksvol-discuss] Re: I am confused

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:00:07 -0400

Paul,

While Kes files may provide some flexibility such as preserving page
images, they are quite bulky.  Unless there is an absolutely spspecific
reason to upload Kurzweil files, you can use RTF.  Not all volunteers
have Kurzweil available  to validate the native KES files; and,
consequently, your  pool of volunteers who are able to validate the
books you submit is lessened.  You might find that when you use directly
converted RTF files from Kurzweil, you will get an error message.  But,
once you are ready to upload your file, open your file in Word, go to
the bottom, Press the enter key, then press the backspace key, and
resave.  This procedure will substantially reduce your file size as well
as allowing you to upload without an error.  You can also put RTF's in
zip files.

Hope this helps.

Pratik

Pratik Patel