[bksvol-discuss] Re: I am back and with problems.

  • From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2011 11:50:22 -0500

I’ll tell you something about fortitude. I was just mentioning this on another
list and I have mentioned it here too even if it has been a long time. When I
started with my old computer back in 2003 I was lucky to even know how to plug
it into the wall socket. I had to learn everything on my own with no help from
anyone. I even missed a good resource for a long time. I had a phone number for
technical support, but I didn’t know what that was and the word technical in it
scared me off from calling it. The learning process I put myself through was
agonizing. Trying to figure out the simplest things about how to use a computer
left me utterly exhausted. It was because of those experiences that I dreaded
starting with a new operating system, but now that I have I actually find
Windows 7 kind of fun to poke around in. I still have something of a phobia
against learning new things about a computer because of the agonizing learning
process I have gone through, but it really is true that the more I learn the
easier it is to learn more. As for using an old hard drive for a backup, I
actually expect that to be rather easy and to not take much fortitude. I expect
that it will be pretty much like using a thumb drive with one hell of a lot of
space and I already use a thumb drive to store BARD books and an SD card for
Bookshare books. If it turns out to be something else hard to learn after all,
then well, like I said, the more I learn the easier it is to learn more.