[bksvol-discuss] I Ching

  • From: Elizabeth and Burton <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 21:57:06 -0500

These are just amazing. I want them all. Grin. I did not even know of these other translations. I only knew of translations by John Blofeld and by Legge. By the way, John Blofeld wrote a book called the cosmic and the sublime about the China and the religious orgers which existed before the Communists came to power.

I do not like his I Ching translation much but love the Cosmic and the Sublime. Confucius once said that if he had his life to live over again, he would use much of the time to study the I Ching. I figure if it is good enough for him, I will re-visit it.

I know that various commentaries have been written on the subject by Carl Jung and others and know new translations are evidently being made. Thank you so much.

The ones which interest me most are the ones with concordances. I wonder how difficult putting such formats into readable bookshare text will be. Again, many thanks.

E.