[bksvol-discuss] Re: Huray, it works!

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:53:30 -0400

Yay! Way to go Bookshare engineers! (big smile) You know, since we aren't
slammed with books to work on right now, it might be a good time for some of
us to rescan some of the books we put up as new submitters, the ones we'd
like to hide from view because we didn't know what we were doing. Since it's
so common for people to make mistakes on our early scans and proofreads,
there's really no shame in admitting it to each other and doing something to
replace them. Would the proofreaders among us be willing to work on some
replacement scans if the submitters are willing to do a BSO of one of our
scans this month? For anyone who doesn't know, BSO stands for better scan
of. I'll bet many of us have at least one book that is rated fair or good
that we'd just as soon pretend didn't exist. (smile) If we work together, we
could replace those with clean scans that we'd be proud for people to see on
our bookshelves. We know how to do it right this time. Some of us may still
have our print books, and others may be able to get a copy from the library
to scan. We could have fun with this and work on each other's BSO books and
give readers some nice surprises. Since poor scans are hidden for new
members by default, our BSOs will look like new books to those folks, and
they may discover some new authors and ideas from our work.

My library has two of the books I submitted that I can rescan. I'll go put a
hold on them right now so my dad can pick them up for me on his way home.
Coincidentally, I'm almost finished proofreading a BSO scan one of our
submitters did recently. Even though I've read the book before, I'm enjoying
rereading it so much that I find myself holding my breath at the exciting
parts. (grin)

Monica Willyard