[bksvol-discuss] Re: How to correct errors in books in the collection

  • From: "Pratik Patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 17:04:12 -0400

E,

The trouble with HTML, as Gerald mentioned, is that it is incapable of
retaining page breaks.  The HTML standard has no capability of retaining this.
Page number problem is entirely different.  As you know, during the stripping
process, the page numbers are removed in placed in the appropriate tags for
DAISY.  But, since HTML does not have a page number tag either, it's difficult
to say that page numbers can be retained within the text.  So, you may find
occasional examples where there are page numbers retained iwithin the text of
the book.  In that case, however, you can be certain that the stripper did not
do such a great job of putting page numbers where they belong in the DAISY file
either.

Pratik