[bksvol-discuss] Re: How to be a black belt validater?

  • From: "E." <thoth93@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 12:58:26 -0500

What Mary suggests means you make the changes on the copy you personally use and do not make those changes of adding "page" on a book you are validating. That way, you solve your personal dilemma without effecting a copy which will go into the collection.

Hope her idea works for you.

E.

At 12:45 PM 11/10/2008, you wrote:
Hi Roger,

        I think that your page numbering suggestion might mess up the
stripper, which also provides the page numbers in daisy and brf files.  I'd
prefer to see people who want what you want to make such changes using the
find and replace dialogue after they have downloaded the book from
Bookshare.  This can easily be done by replacing the page break symbol in a
document with that symbol followed by the word page.  In daisy files, the
page numbers are announced by the daisy reader, and aren't necessarily a
printed part of the file.

Mayrie