[bksvol-discuss] Re: How to be a black belt validater?

  • From: "Monica Willyard" <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 17:22:51 -0500

Hi, Cindy. You're right about the time thing. I forgot how nervous I felt at
first because I wondered if I was too slow. You're also right about the
mentorship committee. I think that's part of the function of this list, but
nothing takes the place of one on one help. I had an excellent mentor, and
it made a big difference. Maybe Pavi could put together a list of people who
are both experienced and willing to help new volunteers. I do some of both
roles here but primarily see myself as a submitter. I'd be willing to help
new volunteers using speech. I wouldn't be of much help for those using a
Braille device to validate though.

Monica Willyard