[bksvol-discuss] How long to validate a book?

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:00:43 -0800 (PST)

I think it depends on the speed at which one reads; how many errors there are
to correct as one goes along; how many short stretch or bathroom breaks one has
to take; as Laura Ann says, how much concentration a book takes, which depends
on how well it is written and how much dialect or proper names there are; and
whether or not one tends to doze off, as I have done at times with some books.
Then I stop, of course. grin. Oh--and whether, whether, especially with
children's books but not exclusively,, one is describing illustrations--my
least favorite job. smile And so I will take this opportunity to again thank
those sighted volunteers who have joined us and are willing to do that. big
thank-you smile

Cindy the elder