[bksvol-discuss] Re: How important is it for exact page titles

  • From: "Lori" <twilight2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 22:19:06 -0400

Makes sense. Thanks!!!

L...

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, September 01, 2007 10:03 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: How important is it for exact page titles

If you don't mind, you should delete them as you go.
If they're precise and spelled correctly, the
automatic stripper will strip them but might take
other things, like page numbers, too. If they aren't
exact, they'll stay in and cause readers to hear them.

I carefully do a global replace with nothing. That
gets a bunch out at a time. I say carefully, though,
because a couple of times a header word, usually eh
title, was also deleted in the text; since I read the
books, I could notice the omission and replace the
words. Also, you want to be sure nothing from the
first pages is deleted, so when the replace asks to go
back to the beginning, you say no. Or when you do the
global replace you match case.

Hope that helps and doesn't confuse. smile

Cindy

--- Lori <twilight2@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

  Hi all,

  I'm working on a book that has the title at the
top of one page and then the author's name on the
alternate pages. How imperative is it that the
headers be precise and spelled correctly?

  L...