[bksvol-discuss] Re: How To Fast Track Your Submissions

  • From: MissWings <misswings@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,<bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 21:16:32 -0500

I was reading some of the guidelines earlier today on the Web site, and I think the method they like now is .rtf or .doc format. I can only read books in .rtf, .txt or .doc formats, since I don't have Open Book or Kurzweill, since I don't have a scanner, but some of the titles waiting on being validated looked interesting, but they're in formats I can't access. Oh well ... hopefully someone else'll get to them sooner or later!

MissWings

At 08:21 PM 10/17/2006, Jackie M. wrote:

Monica,

Good suggestions, Monica! I agree with them all ... except that, concerning your first suggestion, the instructions for submitters suggests that using the .ark or .kes formats is preferable - at least, that's the way I read it. I have a book that I am about ready to try to submit - my first submission - and I did it in .ark because I thought the instructions say that Bookshare prefers the .ark or .kes, if possible. I guess because the page breaks, etc. are better and match the original book. I personally would prefer Word. Up to now, I have validated books, but I am tired of trying to meet the week time requirements, as I work full-time and only have short blocks of time to devote to validating. So I thought I would try to submit: that way I'm on my own timeframe.

- Jackie McCraw