[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hot potato books (fountainhead)

  • From: "Silvara" <silvara@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 06:23:58 -0400

Hi:

This is a replacement copy.

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2006 10:54 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: Hot potato books

There id a GOod copy of The Fountainhead in the
collection. Is the one that was being worked on a
replacement for it, or is that the one you had troulbe
uploading.

I did have the book Early Greek Thinking, and I see it
is back on the download list. There are *a lot* of
Greek words in it--on every page. I asked if someone
cold read Greek, and I think that Andrie said she did.
I thought maybe she'd transliterate the words. I've
offered to do it if someone else wants to validate the
book, i.e., I've downloaded the Greek alphabet and
could spell the words in English letters--but I don't
even think that's necessary. I think the English
meaning is next to the Greek word, and whoever
validates it can just put "Greek word" in brackets
where they appear.

Anyway, 4 essays on Greek philosophy are not, I'm
afraid, my cup of tea, and I'm not as unselfish as E
and some others to tackle a book like that. smile I am
willing to get the book again, though, and help anyone
out with missing or scrambled pages or the Greek
words.

Cindy

CIndy

--- Silvara <silvara@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Actually there's nothing wrong with Fountainhead. I
just couldn't upload it
for some reason. There's something with that file
that won't upload. Others
have tried as well. I spoke to Gustavo about it and
he is suppose to work on
this one.

Early Greek Thinking is back too. I saw the history
I think it needs commas
or something like that. Ken Cross validated it last
so I hope he reads this
message and revalidates it.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Monica Willyard" <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>