[bksvol-discuss] Horror Book Club Refresher Course

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 13:58:59 -0800

Welcome to the New Year. During this time of calendar replacement, the age-old search for renewal, and of course, the making and unmaking of resolutions, we at the horror book club will be contributing to this new beginning by focusing upon a relatively fresh literary voice in the horror world. On January 31st, at 9:00 p.m. Eastern, and 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time, we will be discussing the work of Joe Hill. We will meet in the Friends of Bookshare Community chat room, which can be found at:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

We will primarily focus upon Hill's novel, Heart-Shaped Box. The book is available on Bookshare through the following link:

http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=42693

In addition, we will delve into Joe Hill's critically acclaimed short story collection, 20th Century Ghosts. Though the book is not currently available on Bookshare, it can be purchased and downloaded from Audible.com, in either the unabridged version, or a la carte, on a story by story basis. Visit Audible at:

http://www.audible.com

The Horror Book Club is hosted by The Friends of Bookshare:

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org

If you desire more information about the horror book club, please write to:
mailto:scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx

Sincerely,
The Horror Book Club Team
Scott Blanks and Cindy Warford