[bksvol-discuss] Horror Book Club Mid-Month Reminder

  • From: "Scott Blanks" <scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 19:24:52 -0800

Hey everybody,

As Christmas and the holidays continue to dominate every conceivable aspect of our lives, I want to alert you to one place, where the holidays will be, at least for a time, nothing more than a distant memory. Ok, I won't keep you in suspense, it's the monthly meeting of the horror book club, hosted by the Friends of Bookshare. We will hold our next meeting on Thursday December 27, at 6:00 p.m. Pacific, 7:00 p.m. Mountain, 8:00 p.m. Central, and 9:00 p.m. Eastern time. To join the chat, go to:

http://www.friendsofbookshare.org

and click on the "Friends of Bookshare Community Room" link. For direct access to the community chat room, use the following link:

http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs7867a2369e0e

This month we will be discussing Strangers, by Dean R. Koontz. The book is available on Bookshare at the following link:

http://www.bookshare.org/web/SingleTitle.html?submittitleid=5751

The book is also available from NLS on cassette: RC 23038

Everyone is welcome, whether you've devoured this epic novel several times, or aren't even sure what horror means. In addition to chatting about the book, we will discuss future readings, and brainstorm about a possible change in meeting dates/times. And as always, all questions and comments horror are welcome here.

If you would like to inquire about any aspect of the book club, or if you have comments or suggestions, send them to Scott Blanks at:
mailto:scottsjb@xxxxxxxxx

Thanks go out to Cindy Warford for her dedicated efforts in spreading the word about this fledgling effort.