[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hope's missing ark file

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 03:07:25 -0500

Hope,
    OpenBook has a bug. It won't show up in the library if the file is not
in one of the categories.
    Choose the Open option from the File menu. Shift tab and hit the letter
U and see if you hear Untitled1 or something similar. If you do, press enter
to open the file. OpenBook may prompt you to continue if the file is large,
press enter to continue.
    If the file is your book, select the Save As option from the file menu.
Type a name for your book. Press tab and then press R. You should hear RTF,
Rich Text.

Press shift tab three times. Now choose a spot to save the file. You should
probably choose Desktop of My Documents. Finally, press enter and when
OpenBook asks if you are sure you want to go ahead, press enter.

    If you didn't find your book on the first time, trying seeing if there
is more than one Untitled document.

Hope this helps, let me know if I can clarify anything or help any other
way.

Jake