[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hopefully, I'm back.

  • From: "Kellie Hartmann" <hart0421@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 14:08:31 -0500

Hi Amy,
My advice would be to submit the rtf that you originally made using Kurzweil.
There is a place where you can write in comments about the book that you want
the validator to see.

The reason your rtf kept opening in WordPad is not that there's something wrong
with the files. What happens is that on your computer certain file types, (such
as rtf, txt, kes, etc), are assigned to be opened by certain programs.
Apparently your computer has assigned rtf files to WordPad. The good news is
that it's not too difficult to reassign a file type to be opened in a different
program. At this point, you'll probably want to assign rtf files to Word
Perfect.
If you want instructions on how to do this, let us know. Otherwise, you can
probably just open the files from within Word Perfect itself. I'm thinking it
might be a good idea to find you either a book or tutorials on using Word
Perfect, or an e-mail group devoted to Word Perfect that you could join where
you could ask questions. Do you know if Narrator will work in Word Perfect's
help files? I still feel bad that I can't offer more helpful help.
Kellie