[bksvol-discuss] Re: Holding a book and removing duplicate novels from the list?

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:27:03 -0500

(Private message)

And, Shannon, you must *KNOW* I value your work, too, it's such a pleasure. Speaking of which, I only have 60 pages left of "Open Secrets." Very good choice,
Shannon, it's a terrific book.

Always Grateful,
Marilyn

On Feb 25, 2009, at 5:11 PM, solsticesinger wrote:

Kristin,

The "hold for" thing means that the submitter has found someone to proofread his or her book. So, instead of just submitting it, and hoping the proper person gets to it before someone else does, the submitter can put "Hold for the proofreader's name" in the title. That way, the intended proofreader can get the book at his or her leisure. As a submitter, I value the proofreaders I work with on a regular basis, and am always happy to hold books for them.

Shannon
"The different among us tell our stories because we are all only human and so much need a witness to the truth,"
Claudia Bepko