[bksvol-discuss] Re: Holding a book and removing duplicate novels from the list?

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 16:11:00 -0600

Kristin,

The "hold for" thing means that the submitter has found someone to proofread
his or her book. So, instead of just submitting it, and hoping the proper
person gets to it before someone else does, the submitter can put "Hold for the
proofreader's name" in the title. That way, the intended proofreader can get
the book at his or her leisure. As a submitter, I value the proofreaders I work
with on a regular basis, and am always happy to hold books for them.

Shannon
"The different among us tell our stories because we are all only human and so
much need a witness to the truth,"
Claudia Bepko