[bksvol-discuss] Re: Holding a book and removing duplicate novels from the list?

  • From: "Mayrie ReNae" <mayrierenae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:09:49 -0800

Hi Kristin!

        Do you know that you can renew your checked out books if you need
more than a week to finish them up?  This might help you, if you're
concerned about time constraints.

        As Shane said, "hold for" is designated by the submitter of a book.
Submitters and proofreaders agree in advance that a particular proofreader
will work on a particular book.  Once you build up a relationship with some
submitters and they know your tastes, and are happy with your work, you can
work together on books.  You can ask to proofread a particular book, if
someone announces on this list that they will be submitting something that
interests you.

        It is possible for anyone to remove duplicate submissions from the
list of books to be checked out.  It can be long and involved, kind of.
What needs to happen is that someone needs to check out both copies of the
book and see which is the cleaner scan, if one is, then reject the poorer
scan, stating in the comments section of the rejection form that the book
was a duplicate and that you have kept the cleanest copy.

        I hope that all helps clarify things for you, and that you are
having a good day too.

Mayrie