[bksvol-discuss] Re: Holding a book and removing duplicate novels from the list?

  • From: Marilyn Beasley <mbeasley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 17:01:29 -0500

Hi, Kristin!

I can't speak for anyone else, but there are two ways I get "Holds" for me. First, you should know that only the person who submits the book to the "Ready for Checkout" list can put the words "Hold for XXX" before the title. One way I work it is I mail books to some wonderful, generous, kindly scanning person to please scan a book that I want to proofread. The scanning person receives the books, scans them, mails them back, and that's one way I get a "Hold" for me. The other way is I watch the emails on the email list for when people announce they've just submitted a book or are planning to submit a book. If I want to validate that book, I write privately to that person and ask that they put a "Hold for Marilyn" on it, then I get it from the library, and that's the second way I do it, but again I'm only speaking for myself. Remember, Kristin, though, that a "Hold" doesn't mean you don't have to keep renewing it
once you check it out and it's in your "My Checked Books" list.

I don't know the answer to your second question, about removing duplicates from the list. Sorry.

Take care,
Marilyn

On Feb 25, 2009, at 4:41 PM, Kristin Mills wrote:

Hey everyone!
I have two questions for everyone and if you have all ready seen one of them then please forgive me. I’ve noticed that some of the books on the proof reading list have the word (hold) next to them. How do you get a book held for you? I’m all most finished with my current book and I’d like to add something new to my checked out list. Realizing we only have a week to proof read, I was wondering if it would be better to get a book held instead of renewing it. Also I saw a duplicate novel on the book list and I was wondering if anyone had figured out how to remove it from the list? If we’ve all ready discussed this topic then please forgive me for bringing it up again. Thanks for everyone’s help and I hope you all are having a spectacular day!
Kristin