[bksvol-discuss] Re: Holding a book

  • From: "Bob" <rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 17:41:46 -0500

Hi Megan, welcome back.

What usually happens is someone will post here or on Cindy's being scanned list
the fact that they are going to scan a certain book. Someone else will see it
and request, either by private mail or on this list, that the book be held for
them, and the scanor says "sure" and puts "hold for" in the title so that
person will get it.

Another way this can happen is that you might proofread a book and almost get
it right but, Carrey sees something that is a bit wrong. She'll send you a
message and put the book back on the list with "hold for" so-and-so.

Since my proofreads are perfect, this has never happened to me. (Just kidding.)
It actually happened earlier today. Thanks Carrie.

Hope this answers your question.

Bob