[bksvol-discuss] Re: Holding Down the Traffic

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 11:09:34 -0700

Yeah, I  can't keep checking my message list much longer, this is overwhelming
to me, can we just return to regular discussion please? Smiling as I press the
delete button who knows how many times, girrrrrhrrrrrrrrrhrrhrrrrrrr, Chela
  From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx <Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Holding Down the Traffic
  To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Date: Thursday, September 10, 2009, 8:25 PM

  I have finally caught up with my email. I don't know how long that will last
though. It would not surprise me if I logged on tomorrow and found another
  hundred plus messages waiting for me. That is why I would like to make a few
suggestions concerning holding down list traffic. By no means do I want to
  try to squelch off topic threads even though they could stand to be held down
a little. Besides, the next time I start one I can always say that everybody
  else is doing it. However, there are a few kinds of messages we could do
easily without. For one thing, I think that messages announcing that a title
should
  be added to or removed from the books being scanned list could be sent
privately to Cindy. Other messages that are clearly list business but do not
need
  to be seen by everyone on the list might be handled that way too. It would be
good if you could think of whether it could or not before you post. Also,
  there are a lot of messages that contain nothing but thank you or
congratulations or chuckle and every now and then a message that entirely
consists of
  LOL. I really do not see that these serve any purpose at all, but if you
think they do then those might be sent privately too. I just ask you to think
  before you click the send button and ask yourself if this message either
contributes to the purpose of the list or to the off topic thread in which you
  are participating. I think that part of the problem is that there are just a
lot of subscribers here and that on a smaller list those kind of messages
  would be hardly noticed but when so many people are sending them it can
really fill up the in box fast. Now, even as I have been typing this I hear the
  sound of arriving email, so here I go falling behind again.

                                                                   "The end may
justify the means as long as there is something that justifies the end.
  " Leon Trotsky

               The Militant:
  http://www.themilitant.com
  Pathfinder Press: