[bksvol-discuss] Re: : Hold for Peggy

  • From: "Allison Mervis" <allisonfm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:01:46 -0400

I'd say two weeks at the very most.
Allison

To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 9:03 PM
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: : Hold for Peggy

In my opinion, and it's only mine, I think if a person
hasn't downloaded a book that he/she has requested in
two weeks at the longest, it's up for grabs. But since
I see you're respondoing to my post (smile) I assume
you want others' opinions as well. Hey, guys -- let's
set s standard here. How long should a "save for" book
be saved? Presumably the person for whom it's being
saved has been told it's on the download list and can
get it within two or three days, let alone one or two
weeks.

CIndy

-- Louise <lougou@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Speaking of holds for specific people, I was on the
download list today and
there was a book with Hold for Guy" on it.  What
about that book?  If he
hasn't claimed it by now to validate, shouldn't
someone else download and
validate it?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Cindy" <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx> To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Tuesday, June 21, 2005 2:12 PM Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: : Hold for Peggy

I would say it's definitely time to ignor the Save note. In my opinion, if the person who asked for something to be saved for him/her hasn't taken it within a week or two, ignore the save. A person can always download such a book and keep renewing it if they want to validate it and don't have the time yet.

Cindy

> Sorry about the cross posting, but there is a > biology book that has been on Step 1 since I joined > Bookshare.org in October of last year. Has anyone > asked the staff how long we are supposed to leave > books that have a tag like that?? > > Thanks. > > Sue S. >

Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
Release Date: 5/16/2005

__________________________________ Yahoo! Mail Mobile Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone. http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail