[bksvol-discuss] Re: High-Speed Book Scanner being developed

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 19:43:28 -0400

Hmmm, I don't think any PC made right now could keep up with the flood of data that taking 500 images per second would generate. There's not even any communications protocol that I know of that would deliver that much data to the PC for processing, even if the computer could do it. In a few years, though, who knows? They might have to build a scaled-down version for PC's that would be more manageable, but would still be much better and faster than what we have now.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>