[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hi & General Questions

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 10:31:14 -0400

I am sure that the time it takes to proof a book varies from person to person, but two minutes a page sounds really fast. Back when I was sighted and reading print books without even proofreading them I was usually not that fast. I remember setting aside certain blocks of time for reading so that I would get in some reading every day and so that I wouldn't take up too much time reading when I had other things to do. I found out that ordinarily, for most books, I got through about thirty pages in an hour and a half. That works out to about three minutes a page. If you are proofing -- that is, looking for mistakes and correcting them -- I would say that two minutes per page is really moving.

On 6/2/2012 8:14 AM, Laura Shannon wrote:
Hi everyone!

I am new here and do proofreading. I had a few questions if anyone has time to help.

How long does it generally take to proofread a book? I am currently running about 2 mins or so a page but feel like I am being slow.

How do I find out about books being scanned and get a HOLD FOR put on any book I have an interest in?

Thanks for your replies!

Laura