[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hey Roger, another suggestion that might work in wor...

  • From: "Amy Goldring Tajalli" <agoldringtajalli@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 21:33:06 +0000

 Roger,

You are not crazy.  I had Adobe reader in my files and it is still listed there but after the last time I had to have my files cleaned up, and I reloaded my programs, I found myself without adobe so I downloaded - or tried to - Adobe 8 and what did I find but that the Adobe 7.09 listed in my Windows programs was not there and when I tried to download it I discovered that it had been available on line to download but it was no longer available on the web so I should get it from my disc.  What Disc.  Now I have to contact Del and try to get a disc from them since it was not in my original pack of backup discs.

Once you get the original Windows "cleaned" it seems it is never the same. I have to go to Mozilla Firefox to read my Internet explorer files, including my bellsouth mailbox. I cannot get there from IE. That leaves me with the question: Is my computer schizophrenic  or are all computer programers?

Amy
omsm
--
It if be now, 'tis not to come,
If it be not to come, it will be now,

-------------- Original message from Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx: --------------

I have gone through all of them and it is not there. Now I know I'm not crazy. At least I think I know I'm not crazy. I clearly remember seeing Word in my list of programs at some time, but I never used it or even opened it. The only thing I can think of that might have happened to it is that some time back I had to send the computer back to Gateway in Texas for repair. While it was there they reformatted the hard drive which means that when I got it back I had to reinstall everything. Now, I just took out my stack of backup disks and reinstalled all of them. I suppose that if a program I never used was missing I might not have noticed. I still have not had someone look through my backup disks for me to see if it is there, but somehow I doubt that it is. I know that I did not imagine I saw it in my list of programs. At least I think I did not imagine it. I will let you know when I check my backups. In a message dated 7/20/2008 10:17:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I guess the question is: is word there and you can't find it? or is word not there. {I love a mystery.}

There are a couple of ways you could use to see if you can find word.

The first method is to press windows key+m to take you to your desktop. Then press the letter m until you hear the same thing twice [which means you wrapped around] or you hear microsoft word [which means you owe me a beer (jk)].

The second method is to look in your start menu.
Press the windows key to bring up the start menu.
Press the letter p until you hear "all programs".
Press the right arrow to open the all programs menu.
Press m until you wrap around (see above for clarification on wrapping around), or you hear "microsoft".
If you hear microsoft, press right arrow on that.
Press up arrow once and you should hear "microsoft word" in which case you still owe me a beer.

At least these methods work on my computer, some of the time.

Can you tell I'm thirsty?

Bob