[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hey Roger, another suggestion that might work in wor...

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 08:23:46 EDT

Okay, I have now had a pair of working eyes check my backup disks and as I
was almost certain of it was not there. Well, I felt like I was getting along
okay with Word Pad, but now I suppose I have to, he said while muttering
repeatedly I am not crazy; I am not crazy. In a message dated 7/21/2008 4:53:12

A.M. Pacific Daylight Time, Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx writes:

I have gone through all of them and it is not there. Now I know I'm not
crazy. At least I think I know I'm not crazy. I clearly remember seeing Word
in
my list of programs at some time, but I never used it or even opened it.  The
only thing I can think of that might have happened to it is that some time
back I had to send the computer back to Gateway in Texas for repair. While it
was there they reformatted the hard drive which means that when I got it back
had to reinstall everything. Now, I just took out my stack of backup disks
and reinstalled all of them. I suppose that if a program I never used was
missing I might not have noticed. I still have not had someone look through my
backup disks for me to see if it is there, but somehow I doubt that it is. I
know that I did not imagine I saw it in my list of programs. At least I think
did not imagine it. I will let you know when I check my backups. In a
message dated 7/20/2008 10:17:46 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rwiley@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

I guess the question is: is word there and you can't find it? or is  word not
there. {I love a mystery.}

There are a couple of ways you could use to see if you can find  word.

The first method is to press windows key+m to take you to your desktop.  Then
press the letter m until you hear the same thing twice [which means you
wrapped around] or you hear microsoft word [which means you owe me a beer
(jk)].

The second method is to look in your start menu.
Press the windows key to bring up the start menu.
Press the letter p until you hear "all programs".
Press the right arrow to open the all programs menu.
Press m until you wrap around (see above for clarification on wrapping
around), or you hear "microsoft".
If you hear microsoft, press right arrow on that.
Press up arrow once and you should hear "microsoft word" in which case  you
still owe me a beer.

At least these methods work on my computer, some of the time.

Can you tell I'm thirsty?

Bob