[bksvol-discuss] Hey All Did You Know The Following About Bookshare and Overdrive?

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 14:27:15 -0800

Wow I didn't know this until today folks when I had to get a library card
number from my county library since the BTBL no longer continued support for
overdrive books and so when I was talking to a representative online, they said
that I could use overdrive with bookshare as well so I retreived the following
once application was done.
Library eBook Accessibility Program (LEAP)
Under the partnership between Bookshare and OverDrive, LEAP will provide
qualifying U.S. public library patrons serviced by OverDrive with a full year
of free membership.

Use promo code:
LEAP1

Benefits of your free LEAP Bookshare membership:
  a.. 20 downloads per month for 12 months
  b.. Choose from over 60,000 books, including bestsellers, magazines and
newspapers.
  c.. DAISY and Braille formats that can be read with computers, assistive
reading devices, Braille printers, and even MP3 players!
  d.. FREE Victor Reader Soft and Read:OutLoud reading software that you can
install onto your home computer.
Important information about signing up:
  a.. Bookshare is available to individuals who have qualifying disabilities,
and proof of disability will need to be submitted before services begin. Please
watch for your welcome email for information on submitting your library
information to Bookshare as proof of disability.
  b.. Your welcome email and account details may state the need to purchase a
subscription. Please disregard this text, as OverDrive is paying for your
membership.
Use promo code: LEAP1.

 Sign up today!

Well folks that is awesome, funny think is that I told them I'm a member of
bookshare already and that I volunteer as well so we talked about it more and
said to tell others to check it out. So I'm passing this along on the
librarian's behalf. They call themselves the Virtual Library Staff on the
online chat because different people have timeslots and such I guess but what
was really cool is that it was accessible and I was able to send the chat log
to my email so I souldn't forget the important links they gave me funny thing
is on the chat log it showed up as their real names! The Virtual Library Staff,

hehhehheh, that kills me!
--
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you forever.
It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated, but when you
get the two of them together in a way people can relate to, then I think you're
on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in the purity of the sound,
the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of the performances."-Trumpeter
Chris Botti--
--
Chela Robles
AIM/Twitter/MySpace/E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx