[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help with a scanner issue

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 20:52:30 -0400

#
I think the easiest way to go about it would be to run begging to a sighted person for help. If that is not an option then I think I would do it this way. I ordinarily scan two pages at a time and preproof those two pages before going on to the next two. If the pages were loose then I suppose I would scan one at a time and preproof before going on to the next one. In a case like this I would scan a page and if the sequence was right then I would leave it, but when I scanned one that was out of sequence I would copy it to my clipboard and then find the right place for it and paste it in. Then I would delete the out of sequence page scan. This sounds really time consuming and it probably is, but if you are scanning one page at a time anyway and working with it before you go on to the next one then that extra step shouldn't be all that painful. Since I work that way anyway there are other tasks that I do one at a time that I think others do all at once. For example, I manually remove headers as I come to them. Since I am right there anyway it just seems easier to remove them on the spot rather than wait to finish the whole book and then strip them.
On 3/24/2013 8:42 PM, Dornetta wrote:
Kenny;
You probably could but that might create a "mess"--trying to figure out the order of the pages...just thinking about it makes my head hurts. Anyway, I'm guessing however you decide to do it would be just fine as long as you have the correct order of pages when you submit your final scan.
Netta