[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help with a garbled word

  • From: Roger Loran Bailey <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2013 20:27:07 -0400

#
I don't suppose this would help a proofreader, but as a submitter who does preproof I have found that quite often when I encounter a scanning error that I just can't figure out I can just make Open Book rerecognize the page and it clears up.
On 5/14/2013 6:16 PM, john.falter wrote:
Yes!
It turns out that the scanner/ocr saw muffle and produced mume; changing ffl into m.
Go figure.
It's that sort of thing that challenges scanner and proofreading volunteers.

    *From:*bksvol-discuss-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx