[bksvol-discuss] Help with a book

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <guidinggolden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:10:08 -0500

Hi everyone,

I just finished a children's book, I would say almost a Young adult, on the
Rosetta Stone.

And the author does a good job of describing the stone and what is on it...
however through the text on certain pages, he states things like.

The scientists looked at the hieroglyphs like this.

and then there is what I am to assume is some hieroglyphic writing.

I was wondering if someone who has access to the book might be willing to do
some picture descriptions for these insertions into the text, and any other
pictures, though the captions are actually quite descriptive.  It is a great
book, only about 70 pages.

Title: The Riddle of the Rosetta Stone
Author: James Cross Giblin

It is the hardcover edition.

I don't think the descriptions of the hieroglyphs are necessary but they would
definitely enhance the book and make the reader feel like they had read the
entire book instead of knowing that some things were um missing.

Thanks everyone, smile.

Shelley L. Rhodes, M.A. CVRT
and Ludden black Labrador Guide Dog.

Diamonds may be a woman's best friend, but a dog is mine.