[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help needed, please!

  • From: Pamela Hoffard <crosssttch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: siss52@xxxxxxxxxxxx, book list <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 06:45:33 -0700 (PDT)

Sue,

I can't get much from Amazon's peek.  Unfortunately, it is much easier to find
information with portions of text rather than numbers.
I did get the first few chapters of Part I:

Page 3: 1 - "She came out of the fog, her face painted half-white,"
Page 4: 2 - "Certain kinds of people have always got away"
Page 8: 3 - "Shall I be Mother?"
Page 10: 4 - "It was the Wakeman who found her."
Page 11: 5 - "Detective Inspector Ian Harkins of the Pitlochary C.I.D."

The table of contents page shows only the Parts (I, II, III...) so I am
assuming
there are other Chapter 1's in the book.  Also, my library system does not have
a copy.

Your best option is to work with someone who has the printed copy.

Sorry,

Pam