[bksvol-discuss] Re: Help With Using the Library

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 23:35:45 -0600

Hi Monica!

A "using the library" section in the Bookshare manual sounds like a good idea, since so many people get library books to scan.

Debby

At 06:06 PM 12/22/2009, Monica Willyard wrote
Thanks, Judy and Chela, for your help. The page you directed me to is really
helping me understand my library's site better. Judy, the numbers you gave
me are exactly what I needed. For the first time I feel like a winner with
my library. It feels good to be able to use the site with confidence.

I wonder if other people with learning disabilities have experienced my
confusion. Maybe I could talk to Pavi to see if I could collaborate with
someone to write a section about using the library for the Bookshare manual.
I mean, I know I'm a reasonably smart person, but I felt ashamed for getting
so lost. If other volunteers feel that way, a quick overview might make a
difference in their ability to find books to scan for Bookshare. What do you
all think?

Monica Willyard

mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxx>