[bksvol-discuss] Help With A Submission

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 15:02:01 -0400

I have a favor to ask from someone here who uses K1000. I have scanned a mystery by Ted Decker and Frank Peretti called House. I'm finding lots of time to physically scan books while I'm on hold waiting for payment authorizations. If I submit this book, would one of you be willing to run a rank spelling on it for me? If it's in poor shape, I'm cool with it being rejected. I'd rather rescan pages and submit a clean scan. I don't want a validater spending hours on my submission because of missing words and such. I just don't have a useful way of determining text quality other than doing a thorough spellcheck and waiting for the end to have Openbook tell me about the text quality. I'm going to paste a description of the book below this paragraph. It seems like a pretty good scan from reading the first chapter. Until I get both parents back home, my time for careful proofreading is negligible. In fact, we just got a new account this week, and I'm working 14-hour days right now. When I sit down to read, I'm asleep before I hit page 2. And I did think this summer would be relaxing? (rolls eyes)

House
By Frank Peretti and Ted Decker

Book Description

A mind-bending supernatural thriller from the creators of This Present Darkness and Showdown.

Frank Peretti and Ted Dekker - two of the most acclaimed writers of supernatural thrillers - have joined forces for the first time to craft a story unlike
any you've ever read. Enter House - where you'll find yourself thrown into a killer's deadly game in which the only way to win is to lose...and the only way out is in.

The stakes of the game become clear when a tin can is tossed into the house with rules scrawled on it. Rules that only a madman - or worse - could have written. Rules that make no sense yet must be followed.

One game. Seven players. Three rules. Game ends at dawn.

Monica
Visit my blog at: http://plumlipstick.livejournal.com