[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hello, I'm new here and thank you all.

  • From: "Julie Morales" <mercy421@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 11:52:21 -0400

Hi, Mayrie, and what an interesting way to spell your name! I like it and
have never seen it that way. <smile> Anyway, welcome to the list. As for the
mistakes you've made, these are the things that will probably cause books to
be kicked back to the Step One page for validators to fix, if the people who
validated your books didn't fix them, which they're supposed to, but
sometimes they don't. Are you registered as a volunteer? I ask because if
you are, you can access the Step One page yourself to see if any of your
books have been kicked back, and then you'll know. It's preferred that you
don't validate your own submissions. If you get rejection notices for some
of the submissions that you know you messed up on, you can just submit the
books again with the information filled out properly. As for the children's
books, go ahead and submit them! There are many school-aged people who use
Bookshare, and some schools have subscriptions so their print-impaired
students can access it, so I'm sure the books will be appreciated...and some
of us are big kids at heart, anyway, so we might find them interesting
ourselves. <smile> As for the hyphens at the ends of lines, it's common
procedure to bring the words together and get rid of the hyphens, of course,
assuming they're not supposed to be hyphenated words. Welcome to the list!
Take care.
--
Julie Morales
Skype: mercy0421 Please contact me if I may not recognize your contact info