[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hello Everyone!

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2012 11:32:38 -0500

Hi Jack,

You can contact the scanner of your book by looking at the link on the web site where it lists the title of the book. You can find this on your own My Checked Out Books page. Down at the bottom of the page is a link that says book history. In there you will most likely find the email addy of the scanner.

Now, if you can't locate the scanner or he/she can't help you, you ask for a sighted volunteer to help you. What happens in this case is that one of our sighted volunteers will get the book from the library and will be able to contact you and give you the info you need. Our sighted volunteers are magnificent people and they have a reputation for going above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to helping proofers who are blind. They have helped with cookbooks, (the fractions never seem to scan right) books with tables, charts and much more. Good luck.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring