[bksvol-discuss] Re: Headers

  • From: "Sarah Van Oosterwijck" <curiousentity@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:27:50 -0500

Grrr!  It seems that bookshare's header stripper has a slightly different
idea about what headers are, and it isn't acceptable.  It probably wouldn't
strip if the chapters had titles, but they only had the word chapter and the
number.  When I read with Kurzweil it did seem to read properly once I fixed
them.  It read chapter and skipped the title or author that was on the top
of every page.
Now i wonder what I can do to solve the problem.  I don't want Kurzweil to
do the stripping because it would be best if the page numbers stayed at
least until validation.  I also don't like experimenting, because a lot of
things can be messed up before you ever know what happened in the end, and
it takes a lot of time for the whole process to be completed. <sigh>
Any ideas, anyone?

Sarah Van Oosterwijck
curious entity at earthlink dot net