[bksvol-discuss] Header question

  • From: "Charlene" <caota@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:56:08 -1000

Okay, with all the talk about the stripper, I have a question about
headers and footers.  I just finished scaning a cookbook that has
running headers and footers that I took great pains to keep along with
page numbers.  Sometimes, the header could possibly be a useful thing if
a person is skimming through a book page by page looking for the next
section.  I guess I figure if it's in the print it should stay in our
copy.  But, in some of the things I've read lately, people deliberately
go in and delete the header when they validate the book.  When I saw
this I was really bummed because I take so much trouble to keep the
stupid headers when I prepare the book for submission.  I am really
hessitant to submit anything now, knowing that not only does the
stripper cause these problems but people are also deleting header
information as well.  I guess I had hoped the information was being left
intact so at a later date the header/footer tuff might be restored when
the stripper's days are over.  Could someone clarify this.

Thanks!

Charlene