[bksvol-discuss] Re: Has anyone else run across this type of information and ...

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:31:44 EST

I am not sure I would call those ads except that it is blurb and advertises
the book itself. The problem with deleting it is that the blurb actually
contains the synopsis even if it does overdo it. Some of it can definitly be
done
without, but to delete part of it and not the rest seems to be going beyond the
duties of what amounts to a Bookshare copy editor, so I think I would leave it
all in.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Has anyone else run across this type of information and
would anyone have any suggestions please?
Date:
2/4/2009 9:17:36 PM Eastern Standard Time
From:
kristinm@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Hello everyone.

I am proof reading these is My Words: The diary of Sarah Agnes Prine,
1881-1901 By Nancy E. Turner. I was wondering about the ads in the start of the
book.
Do I leave them alone or delete them from the text? I am submitting the items
below this message and any assistance would be greatly appreciated. As of
right now I have left them alone. Again any assistance with this stuff would
be greatly appreciated and I’m sure would help all of us too. Thanks for your
time and cooperation with this matter and I hope everyone is having a
spectacular day.

Kristin Mills

These is My Words: The diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901

Nancy E. Turner

(front page)  These is My Words:The diary of Sarah Agnes Prine, 1881-1901

Arizona Territory

Nancy E. Turner

WINNER Arizona Author Award FINALIST Wilia Cather Literacy Award

"Jack and Sarah are as delicious a couple as Rhett and Scarlett."  USA Today

back of book)

"Belongs on your must-read list.  This novel is a gem."

Omaha World-Herald

The classic adventure of one courageous woman's life and struggles in the
Arizona Territories in the late nineteenth century

Amoving, exciting, and heartfelt American saga inspired by the author's own
family memoirs, these words belong to Sarah Prine, a woman of spirit and fire
who forges a full and remarkable existence in a harsh, unfamiliar frontier.
Scrupulously recording her steps down the path Providence has set her upon
from child to determined young adult to loving mother she shares the
turbulent events, both joyous and tragic, that molded her, and recalls the
enduring
love with cavalry officer Captain Jack Elliot that gave her strength and
purpose.

Rich in authentic everyday details and alive with truly unforgettable
characters, These Is My Words brilliantly brings a vanished world to
breathtaking
life again.

"Incredibly vivid and real." — Washington Post

"An entertaining at times harrowing reading experience." Fort Worth
Star-Telegram

NANCY E. TURNER is the author of several works of fiction, including The
Water and the Blood and Sarah's Quilt. She has been a seam snipper in a clothing
factory, a church piano player, a paleontologist's aide, and an executive
secretary. She lives in Tucson, Arizona, with her husband and two children.

READING    GROUP    GUIDE    INSIDE

HARPER PERENNIAL

  www.harperperennial.com

USA $14.95 Canada $16.25

(inside cover of book)

Praise for

These Is My Words

"Clear, at times lyrical prose... providing vivid, colorful characters and
historically accurate backdrop."            Washington Post

"This is a beautifully written book that quickly captures readers' attention
and holds it tightly and emotionally until the end."        Library Journal

"A vivid picture of one woman's true grit on the frontier."

Dallas Morning News

"Jack and Sarah are as delicious a couple as Rhett and Scarlett.  The
three-hankie ending to their long love affair will definitely make you give a
damn."

USA Today

"These Is My Words belongs on your must-read list. In her first book, Nancy
E.Turner approaches the fine qualities of Larry McMurtry's Pulitzer-winning
Lonesome Dove. The two books share unforgettable characters, a grand sweep of
history, adventure, love, and emotion so real that you feel it. ... A book
not to
miss."
Omaha World-Herald

"An entertaining at times harrowing reading experience."

Fort Worth Star-Telegram

"A compelling portrait of an enduring love, the rough old West, and a
memorable pioneer."                Publishers Weekly

"A lushly satisfying romance, period-authentic, with true grit." Kirkus
Reviews

"Nancy E.Turner has spun a frontier novel that teeters on the fine edge of
truth and fiction. . . . Simply place an 1880s map of the Southwest next to the
book and enjoy the
ride."                                                            — Arizona
Republic

"Says more about America than Gone with the Wind. ... I'd put it up there
with To Kill a Mockingbird. It is moving, funny, and rings very true."

Mary Stewart, author of The Crystal Cave

database 3827 (20090204) __________

http://www.eset.com

Great Deals on Dell Laptops. Starting at $499.
net/clk;211531132;33070124;e)