[bksvol-discuss] Re: Harry Potter, When?

  • From: "Jake Brownell" <jabrown@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 18:21:30 -0500

Hey Kaitlyn,
    BookShare servers undoubtedly log all traffic on the site. It would be
possible to run scripts to determine the number of visitors to a page if
they were so inclined. As for actual book downloads, when a book is
downloaded it is noted in a security database. That is done so that
BookShare can help track any misconduct or misuse of the service. So, that
data is available, but getting a programmer to put it all on the site is a
different story. It may not be difficult to do, but as Marissa reminded us,
Benetech is a nonprofit and so everything can go at a blaringly slow pace
sometimes. (definitely not always *grin*)

HTH,
Jake