[bksvol-discuss] Re: Harry Potter

  • From: "siss52" <siss52@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 18:14:38 -0600

Hi Shelley and all,

There may be some truth in the publisher's thinking.  Boys could be turned
off by a female author.  Anther thing is that the British spelling of some
words is different.  I talked to a guy from Englannd and he said the spell
checkers in the USA gave him fits because he would think of the English
spelling of words, such as realise, colour, etc.

Shelley, I downloaded the book that finally made it onto the new books list,
"The Odor of Violets".  You talked about it a loong time ago.
Congratulations on "Dear Kilroy".

Sue S.