[bksvol-discuss] Re: Harry Potter

  • From: Shayla Parker <shayla@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 10:56:09 -0800

The Philosopher's stone one is not a mistake--it's the British edition. And there are apparently differences between the American and British editions aside from just the title.

At 10:05 AM 2/4/2005, you wrote:

I was looking at the Harry Potter books today and noticed something interesting. We have several remote listings wich is fine but there are also many duplicates on the bookshare site. For example, there are some books that show the normal book title but then there is a duplicate that says (british edition) after the title. Also, there is one that has the title Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone which, after looking at the synopsis, is actually supposed to be Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. The synopsis in the book with philosoper's in the title tells the story of the sorcerer's stone book. And there is already a copy of the sorcerer's stone book. Just wanted to let the powers-that-be know about this.

Lisa

Gently they go, the beautiful, the tender, the kind; Quietly they go, the intelligent, the witty, the brave. I know. But I do not approve. And I am not resigned.

-- 'Dirge Without Music', Edna St. Vincent Millay

Ring the bells that still can ring,
forget your perfect offering,
there is a crack in everything,
that's how the light gets in.