[bksvol-discuss] Re: Harry Potter

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2005 13:51:53 -0500

Hi Lisa,

The British and American versions of the books are slightly different, primarily in the terminology, not the plot.
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone is the correct title for the British edition, while Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is the American edition.
I don't really think there is an issue with these titles, as some will prefer the original British version, and others will want the American adaptation.

Dave

At 01:05 PM 2/4/2005, you wrote:
I was looking at the Harry Potter books today and noticed something interesting. We have several remote listings wich is fine but there are also many duplicates on the bookshare site. For example, there are some books that show the normal book title but then there is a duplicate that says (british edition) after the title. Also, there is one that has the title Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone which, after looking at the synopsis, is actually supposed to be Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. The synopsis in the book with philosoper's in the title tells the story of the sorcerer's stone book. And there is already a copy of the sorcerer's stone book. Just wanted to let the powers-that-be know about this.

Lisa