[bksvol-discuss] Re: Hannah Montana

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 20:54:12 -0400

The photos were for Vanity Fair, not Playboy. The one that supposedly caused the consternation were from the back, the waist up, and had her holding a sheet or something in front of her. A whole lot of something about nothing. I guess the main issue is that Hannah Montana is a Disney property, and they didn't like the image.

At 08:15 PM 10/7/2008, you wrote:
Hannah Montana is a tv series--and I seem to remember it might have been a movie before but I'm not quite sure. It stars Miley Cyrus (I thnk that's her name) who is Billy Ray (?) Cyrus' daughter. I believe she just had a sweet 16 party. She did some modeling for Playboy or some such that got people all upset because of the example she was setting for her extremely numerous fans--all of whom are way younger than you or I. grin The only way I know this much about her is because I get TV Guide Scoop in my email box and the brouhaha about her modeling was in the news.

There are books tied into the series, just like the High School book series and so many others.

HTH

Cindy

> I feel out of touch. About a month ago someone was saying
> something
> about Hannah Montana to me. I forget what she was saying
> because it was
> of no interest to me, but I thought she was talking about a
> personal
> acquaintance. I am still not sure who Hannah Montana is,
> but apparently
> my assumption was wrong.

E-mail message checked by Internet Security (5.5.0.212)
Database version: 5.10850
http://www.pctools.com/en/internet-security/