[bksvol-discuss] Handicraft recommendation

  • From: "Deborah Armstrong" <debee@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 19:21:58 -0800

Shelley, and others who like handicraft books:

You might want to add some of the books by Maggie Righetti to the
collection.
To investigate, you can download them from Web Braille. I'm not saying you
submit those of course, but having a digital Braille copy makes it easier to
correct a scan. If you don't read Braille, there are many options available
for back-translation in to text.

She uses mostly words rather than pictures to describe technique. I remember
how much I loved "Knitting In Plain English" when I read it almost fifteen
years ago. I was just getting started working as a technical writer, and I
wanted ever so much to write like her.

Her books include:

Knitting in Plain English, Updated Edition
Crocheting in Plain English, Second Edition
Crocheting in Plain English: Easy-to-follow lessons in patterns, Sensible
solutions to nagging problems, The only book any crocheter will ever Need.
Knitting in Plain English (first ed, Web Braille available)
Crocheting in Plain English (1st ed, Web Braille available)
Sweater Design in Plain English

--Debee