[bksvol-discuss] Re: HELP!!

  • From: Monica Willyard <plumlipstick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 13:40:50 -0400

Hi, Sue. On Jake's site, there is a section on replacing problem characters. It gives character codes for the various types of quotation marks. You'll want to replace the existing character with ascii 34, I think. Please rely on Jake's site and not my very faulty memory. (smile)

Monica Willyard

On Wednesday 9/27/2006 09:37 AM, you wrote:

Hey you Word experts:

I am validating an RTF book with MS Word. The quotation marks look like apostrophes on my Braille display, even if I turn Grade II translation on. Is there an easy way I can do this globally? I will be reading it through and can replace any apostrophes it removes, but I do not know the code for this.

TIA,

Sue S.