[bksvol-discuss] Re: Guidelines for prep of books for submission?

  • From: Barbara J Wagreich <bjw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:39:15 -0400

Hi Listers:

thanks for all your responses to my questions about preparing books for submission. I'm about ready to submit Lance Armstrong's second autobiography titled "Every second Counts" and am unsure how to handle the following situation:

Each page begins with a line in the following format:
For even numbered pages:
    <formfeed> page# Lance Armstrong
For odd numbered pages:
    <formfeed> page# Every second Counts

How many blank lines should there be before the and after these lines?

How does the stripper program know when a new paragraph actually begins at the top of a new page following one of these headers? My document is in text mode.

Thanks for your help with this.

Barbara Wagreich