[bksvol-discuss] Guess What

  • From: "Chela Robles" <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 11:15:17 -0700

 Hi, got some great news. I told you about my wonderful birthday

 right? Well, remember I also told you my parents are going to be

taking me to a jazz concert that is free? I found out where it is.

 It is at a restaurant called Old South Bar-B-Que located at 4115

 Concord Boulevard

 Concord, CA 94519-1555

 (925) 825-3600

 <http://www.oldsouthbar-b-que.com www.oldsouthbar-b-que.com

 Here's a description:

 Old South Bar-B-Que was founded in September of 1977 by Gloria &

 Harold Cox in Hayward, CA. This was a small venture, but a very

 large undertaking for the Cox family. Since the restaurant only had

 seating for eight, most of the orders were take-out.  Gloria was the

 heart and soul of the restaurant. She had an eye for detail and

 serving great "down home" Bar-B-Que. Most of the customers she knew

 by first name.

 In 1979, as the business began to grow, Old South became a family

 owned business with most of the siblings working at the restaurant.

 Gloria successfully operated the Hayward store until 1994. A second

 location was opened in San Leandro in 1990. Charles & Lydia Cox were

 the proprietors of the San Leandro location. That location was open

 for over 17 years.

 Charles opened the Concord, CA location in April 2007. This location

 has seating for 40 people and, of course, there is still take out

 service available. We are open daily for lunch and dinner.

 This quaint East Bay supper club is cooking up more than just

 Bar-B-Que these days. At the restaurant, you will also find

 entertaining live jazz performances featuring local artists on most

 Friday or Saturday evenings. Come out for a wonderful evening of

 good food and fun - you won't go home without meeting someone new!

 We take enormous pride in creating an atmosphere that is warm and friendly.

 We are a real "down home" southern style Bar-B-Que restaurant. We

 know that you'll find something on the menu that will satisfy your

 palate. We pride ourselves with our signature (home made, on site)

 Beef Hot Links. All of the meats are slow cooked and smoked right

 here on site. We have sauces that will fit your taste buds including

 our own MILD, MEDIUM AND HOTTTTTTT flavors.

 Well, I've been asked to sit-in with the jazz band on trumpet. This

 is huge, huge, huge, and yet I thought I was going to just listen instead!

 I'm nervous, haven't played trumpet in jazz band since 2004 age 19

 in high school and in 2006 when I played trombone in the jazz band

 and I was 21 in college and I wanted to play trumpet instead, so

 could use some full-on encouragement. It is going to be recorded

 using an Olympus DS50 Digital Voice Recorder! I'm excited and yet

 nervous, never done a sit-in before.

 Thanks,

 Your Friend,

 Chela Robles

 Contact info is below.

 --------
"To me, music that breaks your heart is the music that stays with you forever.
It's one thing to be melancholy and one thing to be sophisticated, but when you
get the two of them together in a way people can relate to, then I think you're
on to something. You want the sophistication to lie in the purity of the sound,
the beauty of the arrangements, and the quality of the performances."-Trumpeter
Chris Botti
----
Chela Robles
E-Mail: cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx
Skype: jazzytrumpet
Facebook Profile: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=690550695
Cell: 1-925-250-5955
Please join this group I'm an officer of called Smooth Jazz Music & Cruising
Corner located on facebook at: http://facebook.com/group.php?gid=497886055511
 I volunteer for a non-profit organization which makes printed materials
accessible to those who are unable to read print due to disabilities. To find
out more go to: http://www.bookshare.org

Since Facebook won't allow the messages to be sent to the smooth jazz group I'm
apart of when we hit the 5000 mark of people who join, please use this link to
add your email address to our email list:

http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?m=1103230119266&p=oi
We will start using this system created by Constant Contact as soon as we get
to 5,000 members. This list will not be sold or provided to any outside party,
and you may remove your email address at any time.
----