[bksvol-discuss] Re: Gotta Resubmit CUSP

  • From: "Pratik patel" <pratikp1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 17:10:51 -0400

Hello all,

Here are the guidelines we have used in the past.

If the long summary information comes directly from the back cover, and the
submitter indicates that fact, Bookshare has had no trouble accepting that
as it is a part of the book itself.  However some books make it a practice
to include quotes from well-respected places and/or individuals who appear
to recommend the book.  These quotes appear either inside the front cover of
the book or in the back.  These quotes are not acceptable as a part of the
sinopsis fields.  Bookshare is not considered to have copyright permission
to do so.

If the back cover (book jacket) contains a quote from a well-known
individual or publication phrasing the book, it should, as a guide, not be
included in the long sinopsis field.  that is not really a summary but is
someone else's opinion.

I hope this answers your questions..

Pratik

  _____