[bksvol-discuss] Re: Got into my old hard drive.

  • From: Vivian Flores <vivian@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 12:54:48 -0800

Do you now have an outlook express folder on your new computer under your local folders?

here's another link:

http://support.real-time.com/tbird/oe_import.html

Item #11 shows where the mail folders where placed.

Vivian

At 02:08 PM 11/29/2011 -0500, you wrote:
Well, how about that. That is exactly what I did, but I didn't know about the folder that would be put under local folders. I just looked there and, indeed, I have a folder labeled import folder. The problem with that is that as far as I can tell it is empty.

On 11/29/2011 1:18 PM, Vivian Flores wrote:
Hi Roger;

here's a link:
http://email.about.com/od/mozillathunderbirdtips/qt/Import_Mail_from_Outlook_Express_in_Mozilla_Thunderbird.htm

they make it sound so easy, but I don't have outlook express or thunderbird, so I wouldn't know.

Vivian

At 11:08 AM 11/29/2011 -0500, you wrote:
I have just been trying to import them using my current email program and I failed. I suppose I don't quite know what I am doing. I checked the Thunderbird help, but it doesn't seem to address Outlook Express.

On 11/29/2011 8:03 AM, Evan Reese wrote:
Those Outlook Express emails are .dbx files. The folders that contain them are buried pretty deeply in the directory structure, and they have long names with lots of letters and numbers in them. I used to know more details about that, but I haven't had an XP system for over three years. I think a little Googling will show where they can be found and how they can be retrieved manually, but if you can import them using your current email program, that will certainly be easier.

Evan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Loran Bailey" <rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx>