[bksvol-discuss] Re: Google Desktop Broke my Bookshare Books

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 21:09:29 -0500

Yay, Allison! I'm so glad your books are reading well again. (big smile) I know that reading documentation isn't number one on your list of fun things. I would rather skip it too. I've learned the hard way that I save time and headaches if I do it, and I get to avoid my dad's answer to most computer questions, which is some version of "RTM!" (Read the manual.) If you decide you'd like to try the software at some point in the future, let's get together in a chat room or by phone, and I'll help you get it set up.

Monica Willyard

Allison Hilliker wrote:
Thanks Monica,

The below solution worked beautifully. My Bookshare books are no longer broken.

I still probably wont' reinstall Google desktop because even if I read the documentation I probably won't know which settings are JAWS friendly and which aren't. I'm okay with that though. I'm glad it works for you. And thanks again for your help!
<smile>.

Allison